1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Firefox 60.2 Updated to 69.0

Discussion in 'Browser Issues' started by BGBG, Sep 7, 2019.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I just updated and am unsure want to keep. How to I return to previous version?

2. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    You don't return to a previous version. Firefox ESR is at version 60.9 while the normal version is at 69.0.
    The version of ESR 60.9 is only supported until 23rd October. Any other version is a security risk. You never use an outdated, unpatched browser! In the next week, I will be updating my ESR version because I just received the final security patch a few days ago.

If you don't like version 69, try another browser to see if there is something out there that you do like.

3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    ERROR: It was version 68.0.2 and NOT 60.2 as I first said. But I was not sure I wanted to keep update so I did a quick restore to yesterday. Sorry for the mistake. But I did not want to ose all my settings and whatever so I thought I would restore. But then found the logins and such were gone anyway. Just not ready to deal with restructuring now. I am using Google Chrome mostly now anyway. Iguess I will have to log in to everything again for do not know how or if possible to restore those. I just saw the pop-up and automatically without thinking allowed the update. Then was not sure once done. Oh, well.
    Nothing is going right today anyway.

4. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I went back to Firefox >options>privacy&security>saved passwords and selected to IMPORT all the options listed. So now maybe it is back. Maybe I could do the same with the version 69.0 also. But have to update again now. May do that and still use Chrome. Maybe on another more successful day after thinking about it.

BY THE WAY, does Chrome have a Menu Bar option like Firefox does? If so I have not found it. If so could someone tell me how to open it? Meanwhile I will keep looking.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  5. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Googled Menu Bar for Chrome and it said it does not have one like Firefox and maybe does not need one. I like it though.

6. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Plan to re-do the Firefox update to 69.0 once I figure out how to keep all my settings and modifications. Just caught me by surprise. I usually update things immediately when offered in order to to stay current.

7. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I upgraded four computers from 60.9 ESR to 68.1 ESR.

Not sure what you are worried about. Everything stayed the same except for my theme. It lost that. I went to another computer, checked what it was called, searched for it and discovered a new person took it over; that's probably why it was dropped. I installed it and FF is exactly the way it was except for the version number.