1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

Firebug for Firefox

Discussion in 'Browser Issues' started by OurJud, Oct 28, 2017.

1. OurJud

OurJud Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I understand Firebug is not compatible with Firefox 56.0.2, and I'm desperate to find an alternative.

I've tried the new Developer Tools addon which is reportedly the same thing, but I cannot get to grips with it, and really don't like the black menu bar it plasters across the top of my browser.

I'm not a serious developer, but the one feature from firebug I really need to get back, is the one with the icon that looked liked a tv screen. When you clicked on this you were able to hover over all the various elements of a page, and the css/html would be highlighted for you.

I need this tool in order to identify class and id names in the CSS.

Does anyone know of any addon that still do this?

Thanks in advance.

2. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    OurJud likes this.
  3. OurJud

Operating System:
    Windows 7
  4. OurJud

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Just for the record, I've discovered that if I right click on a webpage I get a menu, one of which is 'inspect element'. Choosing this then brings up the familiar window at the base of the page, which includes a similar icon to the one in firebug, which allows me to hover the various elements on the page and have its relevant html and CSS code highlighted.