1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

Email Free Account Other Than Gmail

Discussion in 'Email Issues' started by BGBG, Jan 11, 2018.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Are any other free web email accounts as good as or preferred over gmail? I have one gmail account and was thinking of getting another one or two.

2. allheart55 (Cindy E)

allheart55 (Cindy E) Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    ASUS M4A77TD AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD
    CPU:
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T-Thuban 3.2GHz
    Memory:
    Crucial-DDR3 SDRAM 1333-8GB
    Hard Drive:
    WD Caviar Black SE HDD 640 GB - WD Caviar Black SE HDD 500 GB
    Graphics Card:
    Sapphire Radeon HD-7870 2GB
    Power Supply:
    CORSAIR CMPSU-750W
    I use Hotmail (Outlook) and I like it a lot, Bill.
    Outlook

3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    How do I cancel a gmail account to create a different one? Or change the greeting name?
    FYI what ever I type into hotmail or outlook it says already have an account by that name, when I have not even created one and have never used these usernames or passwords. Why is this?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  4. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I think I am getting the hang of it now. Got the gmail account deleted and made a hotmail account.

allheart55 (Cindy E) likes this.
  5. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I am starting to see why people become frustrated with this email thing and the client emails. Somehow there must be some sort of security drive on for they are constantly wanting sign ins, locking accounts, suspending accounts, popping up boxes I cannot delete without shutting down. Go to site they say to sign in and instead get pages of troubleshooting things one is supposed to know how to do and waste time doing. I cancelled the gmail Outlook Express account but the Verizon account is working well. I deleted gmail from windows live mail. I opened a hotmail account, sent one letter, and tried to use it tonight and it was suspended because they say someone used it t send a lot of junk mail which violates Microsoft policy. I know there is no answer to this but I am becoming very frustrated and wanted to report it.
    Meanwhile I am thankful the gmail and verizonAOL webmail is working well and so is the verizon WIndows Live Mail and Outlook Express account. Someone is going security-insane. No trouble has yet occurred with the web mail accounts.My brother in another state and provider is unable to send email because his provider does not recognize his outgoing mail server username and password anymore. Never had nor heard of so many problems until all this security stuff surfaced. Anybody else experiencing this???

6. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Hotmail account suspended. Cannot close it, Cannot do anything. Do not want to give them my phone number. See no way to close or delete account-keeps wanting alternate email address or phone number. Gave alternate email address, got code used it, not accepted, back to wanting phone number to send me code. Is there a way I can just delete account or ignore it so will go away? No way I believe I sent lots of junk mail or someone else is using it. Never had this happen with any of my past email accounts. If can't get rid of it I will just forget it. Maybe it will eventually be deleted anyway.

7. allheart55 (Cindy E)

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    CPU:
    Memory:
    Hard Drive:
    Graphics Card:
    Power Supply:
    CORSAIR CMPSU-750W
    I hate to say this Bill but it sounds as if your new Hotmail account has been hacked.
    That would explain all of the emails that were sent.
    Unfortunately, the only assistance you can receive is by email support.
    If you don't want the email account any more, it will automatically de-activate after 90 days of inactivity.

8. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Maybe....I do not know how to tell. Don't really need it so will just let it de-activate. If they say many emails were sent I guess they would know. I only sent one to test it.

9. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Also I notice many of my web email accounts have started to require frequent sign ins with username and password or to frequently require password changes and updates to alternate email addresses and phone numbers. Hrdly any or none of this in past years.

10. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Is this really even on the level? I find it very suspicious that you open a new email account one day, send a one line mail using it, then in a few days your account is suspended because someone has "sent a large number of junk email messages using it " which is against Microsoft's policy. I tend to disbelieve this sort of thing especially when it then wants you to go to a site, verify your username, password, an alternate email address and your phone number. What is your opinion? Never ever happened to me before and I have had many webmail accounts with many providers since 1998.

11. allheart55 (Cindy E)

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    CPU:
    Memory:
    Hard Drive:
    Graphics Card:
    Power Supply:
    CORSAIR CMPSU-750W
    As a test, I just opened a new Hotmail account.
    After opening it, I had to verify my password, enter my cell phone number to receive a code to input and give an alternate email address.
    I also had to set up a secret question and an answer.
    I never had to do that with my first Hotmail account which I have had since 2009.

12. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I think email is getting far too complicated and security scared. Just downloaded and installed Thunderbird on the W7 PC and used my gmail account sme as on the XP PC but on W7 the Thunderbird and outgoing server will not recognize the same gmail password that works on the other gmail web accounts and other PC. AOL Verizon mail is constantly sending me junk ads trying to scare me and sell me all sorts of stuff to make me more secure and cybersafe. Started labeleing it as Junk Mail and turned on the mail filter for the first time.

13. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    email only becomes complicated if you keep downloading different programs to download email to your computer.

I have not downloaded email since sometimes in the 90's. It was necessary then when I was on dialup and didn't want to tie up the phone line while reading and writing email. Now that I'm on broadband, and there are so many free hotspots, I can go to Juno, Yahoo Gmail and Outlook websites and read and write email.
    It also has the advantage that the mail is sored on their servers. You never lose email when your hard drive dies and you can't get to your files. Also it never needs compression and you don't see messages that you have too many emails in the database.

Tony D likes this.
  14. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Now the Thunderbird G mail will not accept my my password even though I know it is correct and keeps asking for and rejecting it, while the G mail web account on both computers have no problem. I agree with the above and think I will ditch the client stuff and just use the website email since I have no trouble at all with it so far, except of course the Hotmail I tried.

15. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    To Plodr:
    I took your advice and example and uninstalled the E Mail Client, Thunderbird, client accounts and gone to webmail - aol and gmail at this time. I will keep the windows live mail and outlook express until they give me problems then they will go to. Web email does make a lot more sense.

16. plodr

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Windows "live" mail has a web interface.
    All users that have a @live, @hotmail or @outlook email address, get directed here
    https://mail.live.com/

so if you have an email address with one of those endings, you can go to a website instead of downloading your mail.

17. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    I believe BGBG is referring to the Windows Live Mail email client.

18. plodr

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    but he said this
    So I wanted him to know that a hotmail account will be using the outlook webmail page. Just in case he thinks he is at the wrong page.

Rustys likes this.
  19. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I do use the WIndows Live Mail and the Outlook Express 6 for verizon aol mail but also use the webmail for verizon and gmail. So far so good. Probably will get more webmail accounts.