1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

DuckDuckGo Settings

Discussion in 'Browser Issues' started by BGBG, Mar 17, 2018.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I use Firefox and DuckDuckGo search. Under settings when I set all to OFF, Google maps, US units, no suggestions, a short while later they return to all on or default. Is there a way to make my settings stay? I click save and exit but when I start next time they are back to default. I have it set to remember history.

2. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Where are you seeing Settings?
    What is it you're trying to accomplish?

3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    https://duckduckgo.com/ If you go here and look at top right corner and about about an inch down you should see what looks like a bird, a down arrow and 3 horizontal lines. Click the lines and at top right corner you should see SETTINGS, More Themes, and Other Settings. If click Other Settings you should see a long list of settings which will likely be ON but you can set to OFF by clicking or choose in certain cases from a drop down menu. What I am trying to accomplish is to have them stay as I set them, which is to all OFF and a few choices. When I set, save, exit and close session they are all back at default next time I open. I doubt if they can be made to hold but maybe some other setting I have causes them to revert back. Thought if I posted someone might know. If so I would like to have any suggestions rather than keep setting them each time I start up if possible. if not, I can live with it. I will keep checking my Firefox security and privacy settings and see if I can find something that keeps them as I have set them.

4. Rustys

Rustys Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Compaq H3900 (Windows 2002)
    CPU:
    Intel (R) PXA250
    Memory:
    64 MB RAM 48 MB ROM
    Graphics Card:
    4 D
    Power Supply:
    Solar
    Are you using the proper save on the top right and not just the one on the bottom?

The one on the bottom does not permanently save them just for that session.
    Untitled.png

5. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Thanks for the suggestion. I thought I posted but maybe forgot to click post reply.But the top save seems to save it.

6. Rustys

Rustys Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Compaq H3900 (Windows 2002)
    CPU:
    Intel (R) PXA250
    Memory:
    64 MB RAM 48 MB ROM
    Graphics Card:
    4 D
    Power Supply:
    Solar
    Glad that is now working for you.

7. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    It seemed work for awhile but now I find even if I use Cloud save and bottom of page save and exit, after a time they still revert back to all "ON" and the default settings. Can't win. Usually suspect this when I had search suggestions "OFF" and the begin to get suggestions. I go in and find all set to default again.