1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Dongle(s) Causing Rubber Banding

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kaden lauman, Aug 30, 2018.

1. kaden lauman

kaden lauman

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    About three months ago my friend and I had identical gaming computers built in-store. His has not had any issues, and mine was fine within the first week of gaming, however all of a sudden the games started to rubber band. There were no drops in FPS, but my internet became beyond sluggish. Note: I thought maybe something was wrong with the dongle I was using to connect, so I bought a new one (different brand) and the same issue occurred. The router being in another room is not the problem, as I set it up right next to the PC and nothing changed. Now, if I directly connect, this does solve the issue, however, direct connect is not an option for where my room is located. I have updated all drivers, reinstalled drivers … and still it is still giving me a headache. I have tried using every available USB port for the wireless network adapter(s) (which were not cheap and are made for top gaming experiences), so I'm at a loss now. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong? Again, my friend had an identical computer built on the same day by the same guy in-store, and he is not experiencing any rubber banding affects. Thanks for any insight!

2. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Does your friend use the computer wireless like you?

3. kaden lauman

kaden lauman

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Yes he does.

4. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Does he use it in the same location? Meaning are you and he using the same router to connect to the Internet? I'm thinking it may be a router issue.