1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Display temperature

Discussion in 'Android Phones & Tablets' started by Tony D, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    I have a Pixel 4a running Android 11.
    It goes to sleep as it should. When I pick up the phone it shows the time, date, and the message I created with another phone number to call if the phone is found. That's all good. Then I swipe up to "open" it and get to the apps.

Here's what has changed in the last few days. In addition to the all those things that would appear when I picked up the phone and before I swiped up, it would also display the temperature. It no longer displays the temperature. I liked that. Can I get if back and if so, how?

I don't know what to call the screen I'm referring to. It's not the lock screen and it's not what I call the "Home" screen.

Thanks

2. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    If it appears before you swipe up, then it is the lock screen. (I'm assuming that the up swipe unlocks your pixel).
    Is wifi on and is your location on?
    I've read posts that the temperature disappeared after a user switched off the wifi. (This was on a Pixel 4A and this person wanted to know how to get rid of the temperature.)

3. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    It is a Pixel 4a. I did think it might be that I turned off the WiFi. I did turn the WiFi back on. The Temperature display didn't come back. Yesterday I noticed the Temperature was displaying again. So maybe it took a while for the WiFi to catch up.

Nice catch plodr. Thanks,

Attached Files:

plodr and IJAC like this.