1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Did A Factory Restore On Pc, How Can I Recover Outlook Emails?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by raindove89, Sep 8, 2012.

1. raindove89

raindove89

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    Did a factory restore for my PC and used the option to backup all my files first to an external hard drive. Once the recovery was complete I began restoring files I knew I needed rather than all of them in case I ran into the same issue that I had before the restore. I read somewhere that I should have created a backup in Outlook separate from the backup drive. Is there any way I can still restore the emails?

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    If you can see the files on you back, look for a file ending in .pst. That would be your Outlook file. It's typically located in your profile folder under \LocalApplication Data\Microsoft\Oulook.

After you find the pst file, I think you can either open it directly via Outlook, but you may have to import it.

3. NehwalSaina

NehwalSaina Banned

There are less chances, firstly try to recover your pst files from your hard drive using a data recovery software after which you need to extract data from it. I will suggest you to use Kernel for windows data recovery software for the same recovery of files purpose.