1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

Dell Graphics issue

Discussion in 'Graphics - GPU' started by Chester Jones, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Chester Jones

Chester Jones Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    I have got a dell computer that will only display video if the monitor is unplug when powering up the computer.

If I power up the computer with the monitor plugged in the monitor will light up and the power light will turn green however it only display a black screen. The computer will power up but the white light on the motherboard will not light up. I notice I can push the power and it immediately shut off. I don't have to wait for the hard drive to power down windows or have to hold down the button and wait for the computer to shut off.

If I unplug the vga cable from the computer and power up the computer the white light will come on and lights on the keyboard and mouse will light up. I can plug up the vga cable while everything is running and will get video.

Does anyone have a idea what the problem is?

2. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Sounds like the monitor and/or VGA cable is causing the computer to hang. Try another monitor and cable.

3. Chester Jones

Chester Jones Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    i will give it a try. the monitor and vga cable works fine with another computer

4. Rustys

Rustys Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Compaq H3900 (Windows 2002)
    CPU:
    Intel (R) PXA250
    Memory:
    64 MB RAM 48 MB ROM
    Graphics Card:
    4 D
    Power Supply:
    Solar
    Are you using a Video card or the onboard display?