1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Computer not turning on properly

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Josh Benge, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Josh Benge

Josh Benge

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Hello,

Recently I reset my computer as I had just bought it from my friend and was resetting it for myself. After doing this is worked for a little bit, I was able to sign in and download some programmes, however it suddenly completely froze (couldn’t go to task manager through keyboard shortcuts.) I was forced to turn it off at wall. After trying to turn it back on, it boots up, fans start running and the lights inside the pc turn on, as well as my keyboard and monitor turns on. However my mouse doesn’t. Also nothing appears on the monitor. It shows a “no signal” message, and then goes to sleep.

The computer was working 100% functionally before I reset it and it froze.

I replaced the cmos battery, idk if that helped or not.

Not sure if this helps but it has a 1660 super gpu and a 2600x cpu, not sure about anything else.

Any help would be appreciated :)

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Hello and welcome Josh, The symptoms usually indicate a board/CPU failure. Try booting to a USB drive or optical drive. If that works, then you have a hard drive/SSD issue.

IJAC likes this.
  3. Josh Benge

Josh Benge

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    how

4. Josh Benge

Josh Benge

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    I don’t even get a startup screen I can’t enter bios

5. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    If you're not even getting the screen that displays computer's logo, you most likely have a bad board or CPU. Disconnect your hard drive/SSD and any expansion cards. Well, if you have a graphics card, you're going to need to keep that. Your aim is to remove any unneeded electronics. Get as basic as you can.

Also remove RAM because bad RAM can hang a system. You'll need some RAM to get the machine running. If you have extra RAM sitting around, swap it out with that's in the machine. You need to get to the point where you see the computer logo on the screen first.

IJAC likes this.