1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Computer keeps crashing during games

Discussion in 'BSOD, App Crashes and Hangs' started by ninjabiscuit90, Jan 23, 2021.

1. ninjabiscuit90

ninjabiscuit90

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Okay,
    I'm going to describe my problem as best as I can because its an extremely strange thing that's happening with my computer.
    First, there is virtually nothing wrong with it at all I've run every possible test I could think of from seeing if theres corrupt files in windows, my drivers etc. I've also looked at my GPU, nothing wrong with it. My entire case is clean, nothing is over heating, nothing is causing any spikes in CPU usage. I mean there is literally nothing wrong with it.
    I started having this problem maybe about a week ago when I launched assassin's creed Valhalla, everything worked fine at the start then the sound began to skip out, when I'd open up the map there would just be icons and nothing else. When I looked at the character all items would be blank then my game crashes. So I tried star wars battle front 2. The same thing, it worked great for about 15 minutes and then characters disappeared or it would start slowing down like I'm having ping issues then it would freeze. In both these instances I still had sound I forgot to mention.
    But the strange part is its not with everything, I tried Dark siders gensis I think its called, it ran fine I didn't have any problems at all. I ran overwatch again no problems, I ran league of legends no problems at all.
    I tried reverted my drivers back to the previous version of "geeforce 460.89" and I did the shift reset and reverted a quality change in windows, I for some reason can not revert my windows 10 back at all it keeps saying theres an error. After I did that, assassins creed and battlefront both worked last night. I tried it again today, I'm back to having the same issues, but I never updated anything. I just don't know what to do, nothing overheats, there's no strange noises coming from my computer. I tried to describe everything as best as I can I mean if anyone needs more details I'll share whatever. But its getting frustrating because my computer was literally fine last week.
    My system specs:

Geforce RTX 2060
    Driver : 460.89
    AMD RYZEN 7 1700 Eight-processor (I did a double check to see how well my graphics card works with my processor and it said there's no issues"
    16GB ram.
    2560x 1080 200HZ <-- monitor I even tried to do a small resolution and the same thing still happened.

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    As I was reading this I was thinking heat. You ruled that out. What temps were you seeing on the CPU and GPUs?

IJAC likes this.
  3. ninjabiscuit90

ninjabiscuit90

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    They were at 65c when I ran it, nothing was over heating. My friend said it could be my ram perhaps? He said faulty ram can lead to similar things to what I'm experiencing too.

4. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Dry well could be. Swap some out.

I’ve seen RAM act strange. It would be fine for hours. Then something would address something on the RAM and bang, it would crash.

IJAC and Seth Anthony like this.