1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning Laptop Screen Smudges

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by BGBG, Feb 18, 2020.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Not sure which forum this belongs to but trying this one. Have DELL laptop and have screen finger smudges. If wetting and wiping with cloth what should I wet with and should I wet the screen or only the cloth?

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
  3. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I use a dry microfiber cloth. The kind I use to clean eye glasses. I also use a larger kind to wipe the tv screens. I also do this with a dry cloth.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/Microfiber-Cleaning-Cloth-12-in-x-12-in-4-Pk-63363.html
    They used to give them away free with a purchase. I have 2 packs so I'm good for years. When they get dirty, I throw them in the wash machine.
    Don't spray anything on the screen! If you want to use something damp, spray it on the cloth you plan to use.

4. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I have several of these cloths and use them for eyeglasses. Will try them. I have sprayed water on screen. But will spray on cleaner cloth instead. Thought water on screen might not be good idea.