As a couple of you already know, Lately I have this habit of buying well used/abused guitars and stripping them down and making them usable again ( well that's the theory ) Bought this a little while back and decided that the Christmas holiday was a good time to start it. Had already started to make new scratchplates/truss rod covers before I finished work. Just wasn't happy with the plain black. Today I removed the headstock nuts as they seem to have been cut by a butcher with a blunt knife. One and three from the top are the old ones... the slots are far too deep. Plus the old 12 string nut had been cut completely the wrong way around. Next job is making sure the necks are completely straight and then check for high points on the fret wire. Both fretboards were then masked off.... just leaving the fretwire showing. Frets were then sanded using a sanding beam. Now the frets are level they have to be re-crowned to get the radius back on them. All in all today... about 4 hours work. Re-crowning will take about another 4 hours...... but won't have time tomorrow. Still to do.... Change all headstock tuners. Change switches and knobs. Reset the 2 necks again. Maybe the wife will get her kitchen table back in about a week lol.