1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

Canon MP270 Printer/Scanner Scan Cuts Off Width

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by BGBG, Jan 20, 2018.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Have a Canon MP270 scanner for years with no problem and the glass is 8-5/8" wide. Never had trouble with prints or scans cutting off width of page but did a scan today and printed and the R margin was several letters wide cut off. The width of the printed letters on original measures 8-1/8" wide. The software is MP Navigator 3.0. I thought this was unusual. Is this normal expected for I have not found any setting yet to alter % or length/width of the finished scan or print, although not being a scan/print expert I could be overlooking something. I even trimmed the margin back to the print and it still cut off the last letter or two of one side. I just expected it to cover the full width of the print. Is there a reason why the scan and print does not cover at least the 8-1/5" width of a standard 8.5x11" page?

2. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Most printers can not print all the way to the edge of the paper. You can usually get within about 1/4 inch. Not knowing what you're printing, could this be the scenario you're in?

There is usually an option somewhere to reduce the size of the printout. This may solve your problem.

3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I do not usually measure what I print because it may be a picture or a letter and the print or scan gets the whole thing. With pictures you can size them. This was an intial scan of a magazine article page but print was still less than what I expected would be a problem. I measured a letter on 8.5x11 paper and the print was only 7" wide. This was a one time thing but I am certainly no detailed- settings type of printer...just simple stuff. Was curious but I found no way to set size if document too large.

4. DSTM (Dougie)

DSTM (Dougie) Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    allheart55 (Cindy E) and Tony D like this.
  5. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I preview my scans and save the scan to the computer's desktop - so I can find it easily.
    When I open up the saved scan, if it appears that the item scanned is too large for the print area (print preview), then I adjust the size of the output. If I set it to 95% or 90% of the original, the entire article will print.