1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Canon MP270 Printer Question (unsure which forum this goes in)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BGBG, Sep 8, 2022.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Have a Canon MP270 rinter and when print or make copies it leaves smudges of black ink on the edges. Is there any way I can clean or prevent this without taking it to a pC shop for service?? I do not use it regularly or often but when I do I have to let paper print sit to dry the ink residue. It is mostly on the edges and not the printed part. I do not regularly clean or maintain it but did take it to be cleaned once. Just never knew what to do to maintain it.

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    That printer may have a waste collection area where excess ink gathers. If you turn the printer on all the time and don't use it to print, that area may be getting full.

IJAC likes this.
  3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    How do I check this? Is it in a user guide or online manual? I only turn it on when printing and off when done. Never do any maintenance or wiping or cleaning. Have had it a long time.

4. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    If you only turn it on when you print, it's probably something else. Checking the waste bin wouldn't be in the manual. It's not something the user would service. Checking the waste involves taking the printer apart. It can also get messy.

If you're not using genuine Canon ink cartridges, that may be the cause of the smearing.

IJAC likes this.