1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

Canon MP Navigator EX 3.0 Scanner

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by BGBG, May 5, 2017.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    When I scan a document with the one click button Save To PC it always names the file 'Autumn'. Long ago I named a file Autumn somewhere and now no matter what I enter in the Dialogue selection it names the file Autumn. Ihave tried to find where this setting is but so far cannot locate anywhere there is a filename setting already named Autumn.
    If there is anyone there familiar with the Canon MP 270 printer/scanner and scanner settings for one click Filename I would appreciate it if you point me how to see the Autumn setting and change it to the current desired filename. Thank you.

2. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    I expect that you get a Save As dialog window. Can you change the name from Autumn to something else in that window?

3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I will check this out some more, Tony. I have looked at it so many times I am dizzy. Determined to find it.

4. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I found a drop down list in Save As dialogue. Autumn was first on list since alphabetical and the rest of some names of files I have saved. Whenever Ione click scan and save to computer it uses this name for file. I could not eliminate it so I put another selection in the filename, IMG.jpg. Now it uses that and I just rename it. did not see an option for removing the prior-used filenames. I can live with IMG and change name afterward.

5. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    That sounds right. It's giving you suggestions based on your previously named files. That's a good thing. Nice to have it suggest something. You can always chose one of the suggestions or enter a new title for your scanned image.