1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Can anyone remap a dead desktop headphone jack to one of the other jacks running Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by sirgilmour, Nov 18, 2021.

1. sirgilmour

sirgilmour

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    I fried the headphone jack on my HP P7-1549 desktop today, by removing the soundblasters cable from it while one of the few speakers linked to it was still on. It made a buzzing sound and since then the is no sound or very little unless I crank it up at maximum.
    A few years ago the same happened with an older pc and I succeeded to remap the headphone jack to any of the 5 others on the back using win7's regedit and old Realtek drivers : https://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/2197-realtek-hd-changing-jack-output-reassignments-fix.html

Since then no one seems to have found a way to do the same with Windows 10. I would love a programmer to make a simple software to choose which jack to remap easily.

Anyone can lend a hand?

My only workaround for now is a little usb drive with a portable soundcard, but I hope it's temporary.

2. Seth Anthony

Seth Anthony Registered Members

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Altaire 8800
    CPU:
    Modified Texas Instruments calculator
    Memory:
    2 transistor tubes
    Hard Drive:
    pen and paper
    Graphics Card:
    TV ready
    Power Supply:
    Mouse on a wheel
    Is there something wrong with the work around? Is the quality ok? If not, and if remapping is out of the question, then how about a PCI audio card?

Tony D and IJAC like this.
  3. sirgilmour

sirgilmour

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    With the usb dongle i have noticed that when the computer is rebooting, there a several pop sounds that are heard and it does not seem like a good thing. The PCIe card is another option but is would cost me one with usb ports that I use a lot

: headphone, jack