1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Backup Programs

Discussion in 'Backup and Recovery' started by BGBG, Jan 2, 2019.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I see I have posted before about backing up but lately have done very little of anything exept search web amd order and email. Now have a 2012 Acronis True Image that was reported to have some problems with images, and a new Macrium Reflect Free. I am not looking to restore a complete image or computer perhaps but maybe simply copy My Documents with all my own date, or maybe the whole C drive onto a 600 GB USB HDD so if PC quits I could access my data and C drive contents on another PC. I am not sure if an IMAGE is more than I need or want and I simply need to copy the C drive. I have mage "images " in the past, maybe restored one, and am not really certain exactly what an image is or hw it is used. Would like some comments if possible. Thank you.

2. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    I like doing a copy / paste because you have instant access to files. I also like doing images in case the hard drive needs to be replaced. Do both.

3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Sounds like I could make an image AND need to copy/paste files and folders I wish to keep, which is what you say. Don't truly understand it but do begin to get the idea. Makes sense.