1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

App crashing/freezing

Discussion in 'BSOD, App Crashes and Hangs' started by kristjan, Jun 13, 2022.

1. kristjan

kristjan

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    I have a very unusual issue, where I get app crashes fairly often. I tend to have open a game and youtube on second monitor and what would happen is this: Firstly everything freezes with weird static noise in headset, then the screens would both turn black and then reboot only main monitor. I then extend the monitor using windows + p and everything is okay. My game always crashes, but everything else still run fine. It happens once a day or every other day, but when it has crashed once, then it mostly likely will do so again the same day, many times. Discord also mentions that i have switched my audio device.

I have stress tested both cpu and gpu and even kept an eye on temps while gaming, no issues. Event viewer tells me its video driver error and gives nvlddmkm error. Reliability center only tells me its hardware error, livekernelevent 141.

Also at some point, my computer would crash and go into a boot loop. I had to unplug and then start it and it happened quite often, like every day and if it crashed once, then going into a game it would do it again and again in repeat after gaming for 10 minutes. I fixed it tho by replacing PSU.

Any ideas, where problem lies? Currently thinking Motherboard and/or cpu. Gpu drives are update and just recently also did clean windows install.

specs: [​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/0896d9445191ae57cdb0cb15b9baf7cd

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Hello and welcome,
    First thing to do is to look for an update to your video driver.

IJAC likes this.
  3. kristjan

kristjan

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Yes, that i thought aswell, so i updated and even did fresh install of windows on new ssd and clean install drivers. Sadly, didn't work.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  4. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    If a fresh install didn't fix it, then look to the hardware. Sometimes RAM can cause such problems. If you have multiple RAM modules, pull one out for a while and see if the problem persists. If it does, pull another module. Repeat until the problem is resolved. Then you've found the bad RAM.

If pulling RAM doesn't fix it, try another graphics card.

IJAC likes this.
  5. kristjan

kristjan

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Okay, I will give it a go. Might be a day or 2, since the crashing some days won't happen at all, while some days it just keeps crashing every 30 minutes. Now that I mention it, after PSU change, the crashing has decreased with heavier games. Lost ark hasn't crashed for weeks, but playing league, it has crashed 4 times in 3 hours and 3 days in a row. Even RuneScape before PSU change was crashing so often, i barely could do any bossing. Maybe it helps a bit.

6. kristjan

kristjan

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Same problem. Removing ram sticks didn't work. Had RuneScape crash multiple times in short period of time. No crashing on other programs. Did bios update now from f9 to f10. Had 2 crashes again in RuneScape, but this time with tpm, opengl and application error. Looked it up and solved it. Also removed the xmp profile on ram. 3 hours and no crash. Will update again later today. Sadly cant test GPU, since I don't have another one. Any other way to test it? I did run a lengthy stress test on it and had no crashes, artifacts or anything. Temps are all fine. Also doesn't GPU crash only crash the screen and not freeze my whole computer for some time?

7. kristjan

kristjan

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Update: Tried removing ram sticks, didnt work. Did update on bios and removed xmp profile. Still crash. Now it says TMP error and gives me nvlddmkm error many times when crashing. Anything else I can test aside from gpu. Sadly have nowhere to get another one to test. Added 2 pics of the crash in event viewer, 1 before and 1 after. There's like 50 errors between.

Attached Files: