1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

AOL Webmail Not Working

Discussion in 'Email Issues' started by BGBG, Feb 14, 2018.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Does anyone else find that mail.aol.com web mail sign in page is not working or not coming up? Nothing but a blank page. on my W7 PC.

2. Rustys

Rustys Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Compaq H3900 (Windows 2002)
    CPU:
    Intel (R) PXA250
    Memory:
    64 MB RAM 48 MB ROM
    Get that once in a while if I use the web based for AOL mail.
    When it does I will use Thuderbird or my tablet.

Tony D likes this.
  3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Today it loads halfway and the bar stops. Computer acting funny lately.

4. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    The website url for https://mail.aol.com is different on the two computers. If type anything but the url it wants it puts the original one back in and won't load. https://mail.aol.com/en-us is what it says to put in; https://mail.aol.com/webmail-std/en/us/"https://mail.aol.com/webmail-std/error?code=ERR14&chm=true&ssm=true is what W7 keeps putting regardless of what I type in and then won't load. The XP puts this in no matter what I type and DOES load: https://mail.aol.com/webmail-std/en-us/suite.
    The W7 will not accept anything but what it wants and then does not load page.
    Any ideas on what to do? This is web mail I am talking about. The Windows Live Mail and Outlook Express verizon.net mail work but the XP keeps asking me to type in username and password. If this is security stuff, I know I seem reckless and naive, but for me all this security junk is more trouble for me than all my unsafe and non-secure 1998 to present computer activity has ever been

And I found out a "token" is a fancy word for what everyone USED to say was a temporary password and a security question answer so could log in if forgot username/password. I felt I did better with my first computer in 1998 when I knew nothing at all.
    Anyone have any suggestions other than throwing them all in the trash???? FRUSTRATED !

I just searched Google for a mail.aol.com login page and could not find what I thought looked like one.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  5. allheart55 (Cindy E)

allheart55 (Cindy E) Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    ASUS M4A77TD AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD
    CPU:
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T-Thuban 3.2GHz
    Memory:
    Crucial-DDR3 SDRAM 1333-8GB
    Hard Drive:
    WD Caviar Black SE HDD 640 GB - WD Caviar Black SE HDD 500 GB
    Graphics Card:
    Sapphire Radeon HD-7870 2GB
    Power Supply:
    CORSAIR CMPSU-750W
  6. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    And what can I do about THIS??? On Outlook Express 6 on XP Home laptop. Would like to succeed at SOMETHING today before the day ends.

Attached Files:

7. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Cindy: I had a shortcut and it stopped working. Guess there are pros and cons to most everything now. But i got it working. I think it was the disabling of Java script. I enabled it again and things work better. Including the web mail and the client mail. Except for the certificate thing I just say YES to keep using.

Under everyone's name there is a box with information that was not there before. Is there a way to have this disappear or is it a necessity?? I tried to upload a file picture of it but failed.

Uh-Oh.....After I posted I see it did NOT fail after all.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  8. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Best thing to do is to get off of AOL/Verizon. They're awful.

I have intermittent problems even using an email client. Today, I can't connect to their POP server. I have to use webmail.

9. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    The above info boxes do not appear on the XP PC. Will check the W7 tomorrow to see if they are on it. I think as soon as you get on verizon they mess it up so you might complain so they can sell you something else. So long as it works most of the time I can accept some imperfection.