1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

AOL MAIL

Discussion in 'General Software' started by BGBG, Nov 6, 2017.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Anyone use mail.aol.com? AOL Desktop installation, account, etc? Problems? Good? Bad? Other suggestions or comments? It is the AOL Uninstaller in Programs and Features.
    And how do I uninstall it? It is very resistant and will not uninstall.On Windows 7.
    If try to uninstall a box pops up and it says wait until current program is finished installing or uninstalling and will go no further.
    Already sorry I was stupid enough to try installing this. Please tell me how to get rid of it.

FINALLY got it to go away, but would still like opinions as to whether I should pursue this.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  2. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    No reason to use AOL.

3. tecknomage

tecknomage Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
    CPU:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz
    Memory:
    8gb
    Hard Drive:
    4tb
    Graphics Card:
    NVIDIA Corporation GK104 [GeForce GTX 770] 1990mb memory
    Power Supply:
    750w
    AOL is slowly dying. It will not be available in the long term.

4. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Yes...I decided not to update AOL Verizon email for security and am irritated at all the offers and pressure to to update or buy something and already the Verizon OE6 mail will not work for it will not accept my user/password for the server. I cannon send or receive although the received mail is still here. I may transfer it and let the whole thing just become inoperative. I wrote AOL after finding their survey after they had shut off their Contact Us becausethey were too busy to allow people to contact them. I was able to send mesage which was anwered by saying AOL Verizon mail would not work aftewr yesterday but I could use mail.aol.com. I tried this and got led into the abouve misadventure and I would just as soon be done with AOL AND Verizon mail. And use gmail or some other free client mail. I now have gmail on Thunderbird.
    So what about OE6? I guess since not a client program it will just be non-functional now? I am not all that crazy about Verizon and their TV picture is so small that at 18 feet away I have to use a 3x binocular to read it. Even if walk up to screen it is hard to read. I only went with it and dropped Comcast because I could have phone, internet, TV for less cost than I had Comcast and phone and a dial up connection and it was all with one company.
    I have OE6 on the XP laptop and Windows Live Mail on the Dell W7 laptop with gmail. So I still do have mail capablity.
    Can I get a second gmail free account and are their any other good recommended free email services?

P.S. Can I use Windows Live Mail on XP home? I just tried a site and it said download no longer available for WIndows Live Essentials.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  5. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Forget Windows Live Mail. Switch to Thunderbird by Mozilla. You may even be able to access your Verizon mail with Thunderbird.