1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Adobe Lightroom 6 DVD will not open

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by James Yankovich, Sep 29, 2019.

1. James Yankovich

James Yankovich Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Does anybody know anything about Adobe LR6. I had to do a system recovery on my laptop. Reinstalled LR6. Can not get it to open or respond at all. Windows 7 os. Program worked fine before recovery. Everything else on the computer is back to normal except LR6. Thanks

2. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Wow, don't know why LR 6 wouldn't open after reinstalling it. Suggest you check with Adobe. From what I understand it's a perpetual license. Nice, just have to get it working again.

With that said, you did a System Restore for some reason. What happened? Maybe something happened to your computer causing you to do the restore. Maybe something deeper in the OS got corrupted. System Restore, although a nice fall back, doesn't always fix things.

Seth Anthony likes this.
  3. James Yankovich

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I did not do a system restore. I did a system recovery and put the computer back to factory default. But saved all files. A grey screen popped up with the following: Checksum does not match the computer checksum. Never seen that before. Could not get rid of it. Booted in safe mod and did the recovery. This program is strange. You don't install it you add to the files in your system. I will say when you put LR6 in your computer it does not show in uninstall or change a program on the c drive. Never seen that before. I think I will delete every file I can find that has to do with LR6 and try to load it again. What do you think. Also adobe was not much help. You people on this forum are great. You helped me solve issues in the past. I sure hope you can do it again. Thanks.

4. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    I'd try another recovery. I'm guessing you're doing this from a recovery partition.

5. Seth Anthony

Seth Anthony Registered Members

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Altaire 8800
    CPU:
    Modified Texas Instruments calculator
    Memory:
    2 transistor tubes
    Hard Drive:
    pen and paper
    Graphics Card:
    TV ready
    Power Supply:
    Mouse on a wheel
    As Tony asked, please post why exactly you had to do the recovery.

A checksum is basically a comparison between a source file(s) and the destination. It's to make sure they are identical. A checksum error means file corruption, and said file corruption is normally due to defective hardware such as the hard drive or ram.

You should have more than 1 stick of ram. So try installing and running lr6 with 1 stick. If it doesn't work, remove the installed 1 stick of ram, use another other stick, then try again.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    Tony D likes this.
  6. Seth Anthony

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Altaire 8800
    CPU:
    Memory:
    2 transistor tubes
    Hard Drive:
    pen and paper
    Graphics Card:
    TV ready
    Power Supply:
    Mouse on a wheel
    Continued from above:

You said you restored it to factory condition. If so, did you manually update until no updates were available? On a factory restore of W7, getting all the updates will take about 2 hours.

7. James Yankovich

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Updates still coming in. Did about 120 so far. I did the recovery because I could not get rid of the checksum error. Kept coming back. No problems with the laptop so far after I did the recovery. Tried to Install LR6 again tonight. Got further then before. But when coping the files from the disc the coping failed at about have way done.

8. Seth Anthony

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Altaire 8800
    CPU:
    Memory:
    2 transistor tubes
    Hard Drive:
    pen and paper
    Graphics Card:
    TV ready
    Power Supply:
    Mouse on a wheel
    Are you able to install other programs ok?

If so, there could be a problem with the disk drive, or the disc itself.

9. James Yankovich

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Update. Tried to load LR6 disc into different laptop. The contents of the disc now has 7 files . In the other computer it has 5 files on the disc. Also in the other computer it would not even load the files. Said program stopped working. APPCRAH error. What the hell is happening here? Would a different disc help? I can get one on Ebay.

10. Seth Anthony

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Altaire 8800
    CPU:
    Memory:
    2 transistor tubes
    Hard Drive:
    pen and paper
    Graphics Card:
    TV ready
    Power Supply:
    Mouse on a wheel
    It means that the drive(s) can't read the contents of the disc correctly. So yes, you'll have to use a different disc, or you might want to give adobe a call and see if they'll send you a link to download lr6.

11. James Yankovich

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    The Acer laptop was the one LR6 was in originally and did the system recovery on. The 2nd laptop is a Dell and had the appcrash when I tried to load LR6. I tried on a 3rd laptop which is a HP. The disc loaded without any appcrash and the files all transferred from the disc to the C drive folder without a problem. But LR6 still will not open. I have no problem loading any other program on all 3 computers.

12. James Yankovich

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Here are the instructions to install LR6.
    Installation Instructions/License Agreement

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom FULL Version 6.5 (2017 Edition)

- for all Windows Operating Systems.

Installation Instructions:

Please note: Do not try to install directly from the DVD, as it will not work.

1. Insert the DVD Rom disc into your computer and wait for it to be fully read.

2. Then create a New Folder or use an existing totally empty folder on your C:local disc hard drive.

3. Then go back to the disc contents and highlight all the folders that are on the discwith your mouse and right click on
    your mouse and choose copy and then paste them into your newly created (or existing empty) folder, on your C:local
    disc hard drive.

IMPORTANT: Do not copy the disc contents randomly anywhere - they need to be together in the same folder to work.

4. Then wait for the disc contents to be copied into the New Folder. Please be aware, it can take up to 20 minutes to
    copy the folders - depending on the speed of your disc drive.

5. Then go in to the New Folder you just copied the Lightroom files into and you will see the small blue (Lr) Lightroom
    set-up/installer icon. Double click on that, or right click with your mouse and choose 'Run As Administrator.'

6. After around ten seconds Lightroom should launch. Then the installation is complete. No more installation is required.
    The software is automatically licensed and will now be fully activated for unlimited usage.

Please note: If you wish to create a desktop icon, simply go back to your copied folders and right click over the visible blue (Lr)
    installer/set-up icon with your mouse and choose send to: create shortcut (desktop). From then on you will be able to launch
    the software from that newly created desktop icon.

License agreement:

By using software of Adobe Systems Incorporated or its subsidiaries ("Adobe"); you agree to the following terms and conditions.
    If you do not agree with such terms and conditions; do not use the software. The terms of an end user license agreement accompanying
    a particular software file upon installation or download of the software shall supersede the terms presented below.

The export and re-export of Adobe software products are controlled by the United States Export Administration Regulations and such
    software may not be exported or re-exported to Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the
    United States embargoes goods. In addition; Adobe software may not be distributed to persons on the Table of Denial Orders; the
    Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.

If the software is designed for use with an application software product (the "Host Application") published by Adobe; Adobe grants
    you a non-exclusive license to use such software with the Host Application only; provided you possess a valid license from Adobe
    for the Host Application. Except as set forth below; such software is licensed to you subject to the terms and conditions of the
    End User License Agreement from Adobe governing your use of the Host Application.

DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: YOU AGREE THAT ADOBE HAS MADE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES TO YOU REGARDING THE SOFTWARE AND THAT THE SOFTWARE IS
    BEING PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ADOBE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE; EXPRESS OR
    IMPLIED; INCLUDING; WITHOUT LIMITATION; ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; MERCHANTABILITY; MERCHANTABLE
    QUALITY OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties;
    so the above limitations may not apply to you.

LIMIT OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL ADOBE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF USE; INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS; OR ANY DIRECT; INDIRECT;
    SPECIAL; INCIDENTAL; OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN
    CONTRACT; TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE); STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE; EVEN IF ADOBE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
    SUCH DAMAGES. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; so the
    above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.

www.adobe.com/lightroom.

Copyright: 2017 Adobe Systems Incorporated, 321 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95113. All Rights Reserved.

13. Seth Anthony

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Altaire 8800
    CPU:
    Memory:
    2 transistor tubes
    Hard Drive:
    pen and paper
    Graphics Card:
    TV ready
    Power Supply:
    Mouse on a wheel
    I've never heard of disk software that had to be installed like that.

Tony D likes this.
  14. James Yankovich

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Me neither.