1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

ADOBE EOL

Discussion in 'General Software' started by BGBG, Nov 14, 2020.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I just got this notice. How do I tell if I have any adobe flash content I need to access?

Attached Files:

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Most places don't use Flash any more. The ones that do, well, I wouldn't bother with them. If you go to a site and get a pop-up that says you need Flash, just go somewhere else.

Click the Uninstall button.
    Also, check your your Control Panel /Programs and Features. If you see Flash in there, uninstall it.

3. plodr

plodr CHF Adviser CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    We went through this in October.
    https://computerhelpforums.com/threads/adobe-support-ending.54104/

Use the uninstall tool
    Code:
    http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe
    Fire up the browsers you use and if you see flash listed under plugins, disable it then uninstall it.
    There are currently 3 versions of flash: activex for IE, NPAPI for Firefox, and PPAPI for Chrome and browsers based on Chromium.

I'm not sure if the removal tool removes all 3 versions, that's why you will need to look in the non-IE browsers to see if it is still showing.

allheart55 (Cindy E) and Tony D like this.
  4. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Right! I had forgotten this. Will study it over. Unsure if I use it now or not.

I DO see I have Adobe Flash Player 32 ActiveX and NPAPI but no idea if I use them or how.

5. plodr

plodr CHF Adviser CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Whether you use them or not, they should be removed!