1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

Add Shortcuts to Start and Programs Menu

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BGBG, Feb 8, 2018.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I just realized windows 7 home premium does not allow me to add shortcuts to the Start menu and Programs menu the same as windows XP. Can someone tell me briefly how I would add a shortcut and name to the Windows 7 Start Menu and Programs Menu?
    In Windows Help And Support it says to R click the shortcut and choose Pin To Start Menu but when I Rclick a shortcut icon it says Open, Print,.....Properties but no option to Pin. The icon is on the desktop. Maybe it should be somewhere else. I want to put some shortcuts above the All Programs section.
    Some icons from All Programs DO show a Pin To on the Rclick menu but I want to put a shortcut on desktop on the Start Menu and I cannot fin a Pin To option to do this. If I did it before I have forgotten how.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  2. tecknomage

tecknomage Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
    CPU:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz
    Memory:
    8gb
    Hard Drive:
    4tb
    Graphics Card:
    NVIDIA Corporation GK104 [GeForce GTX 770] 1990mb memory
    Power Supply:
    750w
    You can just open the applicable folder and add a shortcut via right-click context menu. :geek:

Path to 'All Users' Start Menu
    "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu"

Path to your personal Start Menu
    "C:\Users\<your-user-name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu"

I actually have these paths as shortcuts [All Users Menu] and [My Menu] on my Win7 Pro 64bit rig.

3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    While I am figuring this out I have another question. If you look at the attached you will see biograpy squares under the name blocking part of the text. This has suddenly started. How do I get these boxes off the screen???

Attached Files:

4. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Allow computerhelpforums in noscript and the blocks change to a + sign with the squares hidden until you click to see the info.
    If that doesn't do it, also allow gstatic in noscript.