1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Evol, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evol

Evol Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I uninstalled my printer in an attempt to re-install it properly a few days ago. I can't reinstall it at all now. Under Devices and Printers nothing shows up for printers.

So you think I should delete everything in the 'c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers' folder? Or just the recent files and leave the 2009 ones alone?

2. DSTM (Dougie)

DSTM (Dougie) Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Find the right drivers first and install. Not showing in devices and printers because no drivers are installed.
    Too tired to read back but if it's a hp printer get your drivers from the UK
    3.30AM here.

3. Evol

Evol Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    DSTM,
    I'm not sure I follow what you're saying. I don't have a printer installed at all at this point. Are you saying I should try to install a driver for the printer and then try to install the printer? I have deleted all the files in the 'c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers' folder. Some were protected and wouldn't delete so I left them alone.
    I have tried about a dozen different things at this point and nothing seems to work. Still getting the Interactive Services Detection error message.
    I can't find any remnants of HP or Lexmark (which is what was installed before) drivers or software anywhere on my computer, but for some reason the printer spool continues to start and stop itself constantly. And no matter what I do, when I try to install my printer the error message occurs and the installation cancels.

I'm wondering if there is something from HP still in my startup that is causing an issue since it always occurs on a reboot. I went to 'C:\users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup' and the the only two things in there were ERUNT autobackup and an HP ink level notification. I deleted the HP item. I then checked under 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup' but there were no items in that folder. I'm almost ready to just do a reformat, but I don't have my installation discs. Any other ideas? Thanks!

4. Evol

Evol Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
  5. woodyblade

woodyblade Inactive Staff Member

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    Easiest suggestion is to download the Microsoft OS from here - http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/

Companies have the digital downloads on servers (In this case Digital River, which is a distributor for Microsoft) which can be accessed by anyone, I tested the Win 7 Home Premium x64 on the link above and it looks to work, started downloading a 3GB ISO.

Just burn this ISO file to a DVD and run the repair install as that should hopefully repair and operating system problems.

6. Evol

Evol Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Hi All,
    I took Woodyblade's advice and went to - http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/
    I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
    I downloaded the file under called 'English x64: X17-59186.iso' under the heading 'Windows 7 Professional SP1-U ISO'
    I then burned the iso file to a DVD and attempted to run the repair install
    Upon doing this I received the following error mesage: "Setup.exe - Bad Image. D:\Sources\SPWIZENG.DLL is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support"
    Once I closed out that error message another one popped up: "The file 'autorun.dll' could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot continue. Error code is [0xC1]"

Did I download the wrong file?

7. woodyblade

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    Hmmm might be corrupted, there were some mentions of corruption for the x64 Home Premium version in the comments as well, but you've definitely got right file.

That one would have saved you downloading all the SP1 updates, try downloading the version from here (same site just older links) - http://www.mydigitallife.info/downl...cial-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-links/

Will see how this one goes, hopefully it doesn't have the same error

8. Evol

Evol Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Woodyblade,
    I went to the new link and downloaded "Windows 7 Professional x64 (64-bit) English: http://msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msvista/pub/X15-65805/X15-65805.iso"
    I burned it to a DVD just like last time.
    It gave me the same two error messages as last time... "Setup.exe - Bad Image. D:\Sources\SPWIZENG.DLL...." and "The file 'autorun.dll' could not be loaded or is corrupt..."

9. woodyblade

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    I doubt both downloads would be corrupt, I can only assume something is wrong with the DVD or DVD drive, could you try burning the ISO onto a different DVD with ImgBurn (if you aren't using this, when using this also run the verify disk as well) - http://www.imgburn.com
    I've used it plenty of times before without issue, rather than the Windows inbuilt image writer, should take about 30-40 mins with the verify check.

EDIT: And I just got the 666 post count :p

10. DSTM (Dougie)

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I agree, Woody. IMGBurn is one of the best.
    If I could add, Burn at a slow speed as well especially ISO's.

11. Evol

Evol Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Ok I'm going to try this. Just downloaded IMGBurn. What exactly does 'verify disk' do?

Also, what write speed would you recommend I use? I want to do it slower than the MAX but not so slow it takes forever. Seems I can do anywhere from 1x to 56x.

12. woodyblade

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    The verify disk check, just checks that the image has been written to the disk correctly.

I've generally written at 8x and had no problems, which was the 30-40 mins I mentioned.

13. Evol

Evol Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Hello guys,
    I have ran the repair install and I'm now back in Windows.
    I haven't received the error message yet (Hooray!!)
    However, there are a couple of issues I would like to ask you about.
    First, when prompted to enter my 25 digit 'Product Key', I ended up having to skip this step. The reason being since I downloaded this copy of Win7 3 or 4 years ago, I have no idea where to find it.
    I tried entering the 20 digit 'Product ID' located under 'Control Panel\System and Security\System' as I thought this is what it was asking for.
    I even tried entering it with 5 zeros in front to make it 25 digits long but I was told both were invalid. So I had to skip this step. Is this going to cause an issue?

Secondly, as soon as I logged into windows for the first time a notification popped up that said "Microsoft.NET Framework: Setup has detected that the .NET Framework version 4 needs to be repaired. Do not restart your computer until Setup is complete."
    This has been going on for several hours now. Is this normal? I left the computer alone and went in the other room. When I came back an hour later the comp was in 'sleep mode'. Normally if a program like that is running my comp won't go into sleep mode until it is finished. But when I logged back on the .NET Framework notification was still there.

Thanks!

14. Evol

Evol Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
  15. DSTM (Dougie)

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Unless you have a valid Product Key then you have no alternative but to go to a computer shop and buy a copy of Windows 7 whatever version.
    You can get a copy of Windows from anywhere.You need a legit Product Key to validate the OS.
    That's all Microsoft is concerned about. The Licence.
    There is no way around it legally.
    If you haven't a legit product Key then go buy a legit copy of Windows7 which will have the Product key on the Disc and in the Packet normally.
    Reformat your drive and install the legit copy and do your Windows updates and everything will work fine.

16. Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev SUPER MODERATOR IN MEMORY

In front of a monitor in Blackburn Lanc's UK.
    Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Further to everything DSTM has said which is fully correct, the only other legal way, providing the download of Windows 7 was from the Microsoft site and fully paid for at the time, is to gather as much information you can about that download such as time and date, and if possible details of how you paid for it, then a phone call to Microsoft just may get you the correct validation key. Be aware in the circumstances they may want a lot of questions answered, so as much information as you can find about that original download will be needed. However if given all they need to know, reports from others suggest they are then very helpful.

Nev.

17. Evol

Evol Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Is the key found here: 'Control Panel\System and Security\System' not the key they are looking for?
    I bought a legit copy of Windows when it first came out and this is what I've been running ever since. I'm not going to go buy another one.
    There has to be a reason why the key I used didn't work. Would it be located somewhere else on my computer?
    Also, the key I got from 'Control Panel\System and Security\System' before I did the repair install has now changed to different number post install

18. DSTM (Dougie)

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Would I be right in saying the OS you had at the start of this thread wasn't legit also?
    Otherwise you would have a Product Key to validate this latest install.:)

19. Evol

Evol Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Nev,
    I just saw your post. Do you know how I would find out the time and date? I'm sure I purchased it with a Visa debit card. My bank has since switched to a MasterCard debit card. Its the same checking account but I have no idea what my old Visa card number is if they want that. Basically all I remember about it was I used my student email address to get the student discount. That email account has since been closed. So I have very little in the way of proving how, when, and where I purchased win7...

20. DSTM (Dougie)

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Your Bank has records. Ask them to give you copies of your Bank Statements around that time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.