1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

DVD DISCS 25-50 Count Spindles

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by BGBG, May 3, 2016.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    When I have bought discs in spindles I have never counted them; most were ordered. Didnt want to return and never sure could get corrected if wrong.
    Today I had a new spindle of 50 DVD-R discs and decided to count and number them as used. I didnt expect 50 because used some, but found 40. This got me wondering. I have a 25 count DVD-RW 1-4x that have not been used. So I counted them. Found 20 discs and counted 3 times to be sure. These would read but not format as Video or VR in my DVR machine, nor play. May try in PC drive. But now I am wondering if anyone else has bought spindles, counted them, and found less than full count and if so what if anything did they do about it other than not buy more ? And did all or most of them work? I usually use Princo White label 4x DVD-R in my Sansui 2004 DVR machine. Higher speed usually doesnt work well and it may be a 1-4x or similar machine. These discs are usually all good-rarely find a bad disc.
    But now I believe I will count them when buy and I wonder if others find count is less than expected.

2. strollin

strollin Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Self-built, ASUS P877-V LE Plus
    CPU:
    3.4Ghz 3770K i7
    Memory:
    16G RAM
    Hard Drive:
    240G SSD for OS; 1.5T & 2T HDDs for Data
    Graphics Card:
    ATI Radeon HD 5770
    Power Supply:
    Antec EA-650 Green
    I buy blank DVDs and CDs in spindles but never counted them. I'm sure the spindles are loaded by machine so there shouldn't be any excuse for not getting the specified number. I'd call the supplier and complain and see if they'll send you some extra to compensate for what you're missing. However, it would be hard to prove if they push back.

3. gus

gus Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Gigabyte z97x-ud5h-bk
    CPU:
    certified practicly useless
    Memory:
    that's gone too
    Hard Drive:
    not any more, too old
    Graphics Card:
    none of that stuff, just black and white pics.
    Power Supply:
    Steam power
    I counted a 50 pack once and it was exactly right. As per strollin's comment they would all be machine packed nowadays and probably also be weight checked as well?