1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

BSOD On boot after trying to merge space with minitool

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ricey83, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Ricey83

Ricey83

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Hey all. I have read a bit since I got this problem yesterday but my problem now is my keyboard (wireless) is not been recognised.

The way this error happened was I was using minitool partition master to merge my C: drive with unocallicated space. As it was working my PC reboot itself... Then omfg a bsod error NO plz NO was my thinking.

It gives a error unmountable_boot_volume

.it seems this is something that happens often from what I've read anyway to fix it my info was use a xp CD repair etc.. But now my keyboard won't work I'm just stuck on boot normal and have to wait the 30s or so to get it to boot to that damm blue screen.

Please I'm begging someone to help me I really don't wanna miss my ffootball today :)

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    If you keyboard came with software, reinstall the software.

In the meantime, you may need to use a wired keyboard.

3. Ricey83

Ricey83

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    I got it working, the keyboard. I reformatted my PC and done a fresh install of xp. Now its booting no errors but my CPU is running at 100% all of the time in task manager. Its a brand new installation and iv scanned for malware viruses all that but its showing as clean as can be!
    Anyone know what could be causing this? And how I could fix or what to do about troubleshooting how to?

Cheers.

4. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    XP reinstalls have become tricky. Been down this road. You can let it run and try to do the updates. It may take a day or so.

When you did the reinstall, you should have chosen the option to not allow auto updates. I don't have my notes right now, but I think the thing to to then was to install IE 8. Then let it go to auto updates.

5. allheart55 (Cindy E)

allheart55 (Cindy E) Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    ASUS M4A77TD AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD
    CPU:
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T-Thuban 3.2GHz
    Memory:
    Crucial-DDR3 SDRAM 1333-8GB
    Hard Drive:
    WD Caviar Black SE HDD 640 GB - WD Caviar Black SE HDD 500 GB
    Graphics Card:
    Sapphire Radeon HD-7870 2GB
    Power Supply:
    CORSAIR CMPSU-750W
    In addition, I usually install the service packs first. (After the drivers.) It will cut down on some of the massive updates.

6. Rich M

Rich M Guest

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    MSI Z97 PC Mate LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    CPU:
    Intel i7 4790K 4.0Ghz
    Memory:
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133
    Hard Drive:
    Crucial 256 Gb SSD+ WD Raptor 300 Gb Sata III
    Graphics Card:
    Radeon R9 280 2GB HDMI
    Power Supply:
    Seasonic 750 watt
    You have to install the chipset driver first and other motherboard drivers from the motherboard maker's site, then service packs and Windows updates.
    Be very careful with Windows XP at this point as all kinds of issues have been reported lately. It's really not safe on the Internet anymore and I have stopped any kind of service on it for clients as the issues take way too long to fix anymore. In many cases the problems are not resolvable either in my experience.

: bsod, xp, microsoft xp